These are delicious muffins for afternoon tea or the lunch box. If there are any leftovers they can be frozen. You can use all white SR flour but I like to use half wholemeal for a little extra fibre. If you prefer you can use diced peaches.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 -20 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
Ingredients 100g margarine, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
¾ cup SR flour
¾ cup wholemeal SR flour
¾ cup stewed or canned apricots, drained and mashed a bit
¼ cup juice from apricots
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or mixed spice
Method • Preheat oven to 190C.
• Place the softened margarine, sugar and beaten eggs in a large bowl.
• Mix ingredients.
• Add coconut
• Add the sifted SR flours and cinnamon, mix.
• Add the mashed apricots and mix. (To mash them you can use clean hands or you can cut them into pieces or use a potato masher. It depends on how soft they are to start with. You want the apricot to spread through the muffin mixture.)
• Add the juice and mix. If the batter is too stiff add a little extra juice.
• Grease a 12 hole muffin pan for medium size muffins.
• Divide mixture between the 12 muffin holes.
• Bake at 190C for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Remove from muffin tray when slightly cooled and enjoy.