2 cups of self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
3/4 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of honey
1 banana, peeled and mashed
1 carrot, peeled and grated
2 teaspoons of icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees celsius (a step that I, without fail, always forget).
2. Sift the flour, bicarb, nutmeg, and cinnamon into a large bowl. When done, add the sugar and stir to combine.
3. Into a small jug, add the olive oil, honey and eggs. Quickly whisk the mixture to break up the eggs.
4. Make a well at the centre of the dry ingredients. Add the carrot, banana, and honey mixture to the well and stir with a fork to combine.
5. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with cases.
6. Fill each muffin case with the mixture.
7. Bake for 15-25mins, or until the muffin tops are browned and the muffins are cooked all the way through (you can test this by sticking the middle of each muffin with a skewer or a skewer-like object).
8. Before serving, dust the tops of each muffin with icing sugar.
9. Enjoy! :)
As with all muffins, these are most delicious when eaten warm.