This potato pudding with herbs makes a nice change from ordinary mashed potato. Instead of parsley and thyme you could try other herbs such as chopped marjoram or garlic chives. Serve with gravy or if you prefer, mushroom or onion sauce. Herby potato pudding is nice with any roast or grilled meat and cooked vegetables of your choice.
Serve of herby potato pudding
Ingredients 500g potatoes
40g margarine or butter, melted
2 eggs, separated
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tsp chopped thyme
Serves 4 to 6
Preparation Time : 25 to 30 minutes (including time to cook potatoes)
Cooking Time : 5 minutes in microwave
Method • Peel potatoes, cut into pieces and cover with cold water. Cover saucepan with lid.
• Bring to the boil and then reduce to simmer. Cook until soft enough to mash.
• Mash well.
• Add melted margarine, egg yolks, herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
Add margarine, egg yolks, herbs, salt and pepper
• Mix well.
• Beat egg whites in a medium sized bowl until stiff.
Beat egg whites
• Fold beaten egg whites into potato mixture until combined. Do not over mix.
• Spoon mixture into a greased casserole dish.
Spoon into greased casserole
• Cover with casserole lid and cook in microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes. The potato pudding should be firm. The time may vary a little depending on your microwave.
• Serve with roast meat, gravy and vegetables.
This is delicious served with roast meat, vegetables and gravy