Here is a biscuit that will make both kids and adults happy. I had some friends coming in to help us with moving stuff. I felt like I had to do something to thank them for everything. We always have dinner at each other’s place, so there was nothing special about that. And then I thought that homemade gifts are the best. So, I prepared these cookies before they came in. They loved the gift and their four-year-old kid was delighted.
90g dedicated coconut
90g rolled oats
110g plain flour
110g caster sugar
100g unsalted butter
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp hot water
Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
Prepare baking tray by lining it with non-stick baking paper or silver foil. Grease it with butter or cooking spray.
• Mix coconut, oats, plain flour and sugar in a bowl.
• Heat a pan.
• Melt butter in it. Add golden syrup. Keep the flame low.
• Take a cup and mix baking soda with 2 tbsp. of hot water.
• Once dissolved, add it to the pan. It will froth and increase in volume as shown below.
• Mix this in dry mixture and stir until everything comes together.
• Flatten it in between the palms of your hand or give them any desired shape and then place them on the prepared baking tray.
• Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are golden.
• Let them cool for 5 minutes.
• Lift them with a spatula and place them on a wire rack for another 10-15 minutes or until they cool down.
• Store them in an airtight container and serve them with tea. These cookies will last for a week.