Ingredients 1 cup chicken stock
1 cup white wine
3 cups water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small brown onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, trimmed and chopped
1 cup aborio rice, uncooked
½ cup sweet corn kernels
½ cup cooked brown rice
200 grams cooked peeled prawns
250 grams cooked chicken
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley or coriander as garnish
Method • Put stock, wine and water in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil.
• Saute onion and celery in the oil over a medium heat.
Cook onion and celery
• Stir in the arborio rice
Add aborio rice
• Add about 3/4 cup of liquid and cook while stirring over a low heat.
Add 3/4 cup of liquid
• Cook until liquid is absorbed
• Continue adding liquid in 3/4 cup batches and stir, until all liquid has been absorbed.
• The rice should be tender by the time all the liquid has been added, about 20-25 minutes.
• Add the cooked brown rice and corn kernels, stirring to combine ingredients.
Add the cooked brown rice and corn kernels
• Stir in the cooked prawns and chopped chicken.
Add cooked prawns and chicken
• Cook, stirring, for 3 or 4 minutes.
• Add chopped tomato, stir and cook until heated through.
Add chopped tomato
• Serve garnished with chopped parsley or coriander.