This quick tuna mornay recipe is so easy and can be cooked by a beginner. It is a lovely meal served with rice or mashed potato or you can eat it on buttered toast.
So easy tuna mornay served with rice
Ingredients • 1 x 425g tin tuna
• 1 x 420g can cream of chicken soup
• 1 x 425g can corn kernels
• 1 small onion or ½ large onion
• 1 cup grated matured cheese
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Makes : 4 serves as a main meal
• Drain tuna.
Drain tuna using a colander
• Drain corn.
Drain corn kernels
• Chop onion finely.
• Place all ingredients in a large saucepan.
Place tuna, corn, soup, chopped onion and cheese in saucepan
Use a plastic spatula to scrape all the soup from the can.
Scrape out soup can with a spatula
• Cook over low to medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir constantly so mixture does not stick to the bottom of the saucepan and burn.
Cook, stirring regularly
• Serve with rice cooked according to packet instructions or mashed potato. It is also suitable to serve on buttered toast.
• Tuna mornay can be served sprinkled with finely chopped parsley.
• You can add ½ cup frozen peas or frozen mixed vegetables to other ingredients before cooking.
• The mornay can be poured into a greased casserole dish and topped with breadcrumbs. Dot with a little butter and bake at 180C for 30 minutes.