These muffins are delicious and nutritious. They are good for afternoon tea or in lunch boxes. You could substitute raisins or chopped dates for the sultanas.
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Makes 12 standard size muffins
Ingredients 2 cups S.R. flour
1 cup grated zucchini
½ cup raw sugar
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 lightly beaten egg
¾ cup milk
1/3 cup sultanas
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
Grated peel of 1 lemon
½ teaspoon mixed spice
Method • Combine egg and milk in a medium sized bowl.
Combine egg and milk
• Add grated zucchini, oil, and grated lemon peel to milk/egg mixture. Put aside.
Add zucchini, oil and grated peel
• Sift flour and mixed spice into a large bowl.
• Add sugar and stir.
• Make a well in the dry ingredients.
• Add the zucchini mixture and sultanas and walnuts.
• Stir until all ingredients are mixed. Do not over mix.
Add sultanas and walnuts and mix
• Prepare 12 muffin cups by spraying with cooking spray.
• Spoon batter into muffin cups.
Spoon into muffin cups
• Bake at 190C for about 25 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.