Vegetable paratha is delicious and is also nutritious.
I prefer to eat it at around 4pm with a cup of tea.
: 20 minutes
: 20 minutes
: 4 servings
2 cup Wheat Flour
1/4 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup shredded cauliflower
1/2cup finely chopped onion
1 tsp garlic finely chopped
1/3 tsp chilli powder
1/3 tsp cumin powder
1/3 tsp turmeric powder
1/3 tsp chat masala
1/3 tsp onion seeds
1/3 tsp sesame seeds
1/3 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp dry fenugreek leaves
Salt as per taste
Oil for shallow frying
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup water
● In a bowl add flour, carrot, cauliflower, onion, garlic, chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, chat masala, onion seeds, sesame seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek leaves, salt, and butter.
● Use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.
● Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
● Make small balls out of it. Roll it out into small circles with thin to medium thickness.
● Place it on a hot pan/griddle and cook over medium flame.
● When tiny bubbles starts to rise on the surface, flip it.
● Spread oil over surface and edges, and using a spatula, cook for seconds.
● Flip it again and spread oil on the side. Cook until golden brown spots appear on both sides.
● Follow the same process for the remaining dough balls.
● The Vegetable paratha is now ready.
● Serve with curd, jam, butter, pickle, any curry or tea.
Copyright 2012,2013,2014 On Topic Media PTY LTD. ABN 18113479226.